Wednesday, April 6, 2011

it's starting to look like a house!!!

There really hasn't been too much to blog about lately.... We've just been waiting for the weather to cooperate! Our PM called last week to say that they were ready to pour the foundation but if it rains on it, it will take twice as long to dry. So we were there Sunday and this is what we saw...





We got some terrible storms Monday night so I decided to drive by yesterday (Tuesday) night to see If the foundation was poured, expecting that it probably had not been. I was SO surprised to see this...





I immediately called the hubby because I couldn't believe the progress. The guardian rep called me Monday to set up a meeting for next Monday and I thought he was crazy thinking it would be finished framing by then... But maybe not! I guess I'll call him back today.

I was concerned by something I saw ok another blog that the guardian Cat 5 connections would not work with the DirecTV HD/DVR. I contacted our guardian rep who stated that he's never heard anything about this. We are in the Chatlotte/SC area so if anyone has any more info on this, please let let me know!

I'm happy to see everyones progress! I can't believe how fast things are moving! 2 months seemed like forever but I'm starting to get nervous about moving!

We had a yard sale on Saturday that was actually pretty successful! I've also also been pretty happy that I've been selling random things on Craigslist that we don't need to move... Like 25 random vases that we used for the candy bar at our wedding and now just collect dust! It's nice to clean things out... And extra $$ when you're building a house is never a bad thing!

We are getting so excited we can't stand it!









6 comments:

  1. OMGosh! I'm in the Charlotte area!!!! =) *waves* I had no idea you were in this area too!

    I'm so excited for you!

    I was a bit worried about the Guardian issue you spoke of here too. We are meeting with Guardian on Friday and I'm going to ask about it (We have DishNetwork...but it's still satellite. I'll let you know what they say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of you two kissing over the signs its sooo sweet! I wished me and my husband did that... I guess it is still not too late. LOL

    The house sure goes up quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been so exciting, driving up and seeing frames! I can't wait till ours is framed, should be any day now, they poured our basement on Friday, so we are patiently waiting!

    I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a link to the manual for the DirecTv HD DVR. Assuming you are going to have the Whole Home DVR service, there is a special box that you need to connect the coax cable and the ethernet cable...see page 159. I don't see anything that says cat 5 is a problem.

    http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System_Manuals/DIRECTV/DTV_HD_DVR_ComboGuide.pdf

    What isn't clear to me is where this box has to be located. DirecTv usually uses a local installation company. I would see if you can find out who that is for your area and talk to an installer directly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jen...we're also building in Charlotte...It's really cool to know other people are building in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I promise it will move so fast now. I really need to jump on Craiglist and do some purging. Can't wait to see more progress.

    ReplyDelete